To Our Valued Guests, Friends, and Family:
Gigi’s Cucina Povera hours recently expanded are posted on our website’s home page. The dining rooms and patio are open and reservations are preferred. Minimal contact takeout is also available.
In accordance with New York Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines, we’ve made a number of changes to keep our patrons safe. This includes:
- Indoor seating has been limited to 75% capacity.
- Seating has been rearranged with ample space between tables.
- All employees wear face coverings and gloves as required. Our entire staff has been fully vaccinated as of fall 2021.
- Installation of hand sanitizer stations for employees and guests.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of menus, guest tables and chairs, bathrooms, server stations, and all kitchen areas.
- All other mandatory changes along with a number recommended best practices as detailed in the New York Food Services Summary Guidelines.
In addition to the mandated changes, we have installed a NOCO iWave air sanitation device in our HVAC system. The iWave filters viruses, bacteria, allergens, and mold from the air which bolsters the effectiveness of indoor social distancing and keeps you safe.
Regarding Mask Wearing: As of May 19, 2021, New York has adopted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People, updated October 15. This guideline now states “fully vaccinated people can further reduce their risk of becoming infected with SARS-CoV-2 and transmitting it to others by wearing a mask indoors in public in areas of substantial or high community transmission.” As of November 2021, the CDC COVID Data Tracker for our location notes that “Everyone in Erie County, New York should wear a mask in public, indoor settings” due to high community transmission rates.
At Gigi’s, we are recommending that our patrons wear masks at all times except when seated for indoor dining regardless of vaccination status. Outdoor diners should wear masks at their discretion.
We will continue to revise our operations according to state and local mandates and will provide regular updates here and on the Gigi’s Facebook page. Your safety is our priority!
We can’t express enough gratitude for your continued support. THANK YOU! Please stay safe.
~Mary Ann Giordano & Gigi’s Staff~