To Our Valued Guests, Friends, and Family:
Gigi’s Cucina Povera hours recently expanded are posted on our website’s home page. The dining rooms and patio are open and reservations are preferred. Minimal contact takeout is also available.
In accordance with New York Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines, we’ve made a number of changes to keep our patrons safe. This includes:
- Indoor seating has been limited to 75% capacity.
- Seating has been rearranged with tables separated by 6 feet or more.
- All employees wear face coverings and gloves as required. (Nearly all of Gigi’s employees have been vaccinated as of May 2021.)
- Doors have been designated for one-way traffic. Enter at the front, exit at the rear.
- Installation of hand sanitizer stations for employees and guests.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of menus, guest tables and chairs, bathrooms, server stations, and all kitchen areas.
- All other mandatory changes along with a number recommended best practices as detailed in the New York Food Services Summary Guidelines.
In addition to the mandated changes, we have installed a NOCO iWave air sanitation device in our HVAC system. The iWave filters viruses, bacteria, allergens, and mold from the air which bolsters the effectiveness of indoor social distancing and keeps you safe.
Regarding Mask Wearing: As of May 19, 2021, New York has adopted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People, issued May 13. This guideline states “fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear face masks or be socially distanced, but unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear mask and be socially distanced in most settings.” At Gigi’s, we will be following this guidance and allowing for vaccinated patrons to be mask-less. Of course, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask in the restaurant, that’s perfectly fine with us too! Unvaccinated patrons should continue to wear masks, taking responsibility to keep fellow diners and restaurant staff safe.
We will continue to revise our operations according to state and local mandates and will provide regular updates here and on the Gigi’s Facebook page. Your safety is our priority!
We can’t express enough gratitude for your continued support. THANK YOU! Please stay safe.
~Mary Ann Giordano & Gigi’s Staff~