New takeout specials this week include a polenta appetizer and a pan-seared salmon dinner, both featuring erba mari, a bitter but delicious wild green.
For delivery, order online using Grubhub or Uber Eats. For parking lot pickup orders, phone 716-877-8788. It can be tough for us to get to the phone so if we don’t answer you can use our email contact form to send your order – our new website sends it to us as a text message!
Starters & Soups
- Polenta – Italian sausage, cremini mushrooms, wild greens, fresh Mozzarella – $12
- Sautéed Chicken Livers – bacon, onions, Marsala, and sage – $12
- Gigi’s Charcuterie Board with a bottle of Chianti – house-cured duck proscuitto, prosciutto di parma, soppressata, fontina, sharp provolone, brie, roasted garlic, caponata, olives, cornichons, and baguette – $35
- Italian Stuffed Sweet Pepper – ground tenderloin, rice, wild onions, Mozarella, and Fontina, braised in Pomodoro – $12
- Pan-Seared Salmon – grilled wild green onions, farro, and sautéed erba mari (a bitter wild green loved by Sicilians everywhere) – $24
- Cavatappi Pasta – pancetta, asparagus, peas, sundried tomato, gorgonzola cream sauce – $18 (add chicken +$4, add shrimp +$6)
- Rib-Eye Steak – skillet seared with Calabrian chili butter, Caponata, and Parmesan-garlic red potatoes – $30
- Spinach Manicotti – baked with 3 cheese and Pomodoro in homemade crepes – $16
Add soup or salad to any entrée for $3. Don’t forget the wine and dessert! The regular takeout menu has more delicious options.
Frozen – Ready to Go
- Chicken Pastina Soup – pint $5 / quart $10
- Split Pea Soup – pint $5 / quart $10
- Three-cheese Lasagna – $14
- Braised Beef Brisket – roasted veggies, potatoes, and gravy – $14
Gigi’s is open for takeout Wednesday through Saturday from 4 to 8 pm.
Thank you for your support of Gigi’s Cucina Povera!